The office of the Secretary of the State has mailed absentee applications to every eligible Democratic and Republican voter in Connecticut pursuant to Executive Order 7QQ for the August 11, 2020 Primary. You may still vote in person as the polls will be open!
There is a Primary for both parties and the candidates on the ballots are as follows:
Democrats for Office of President
• Joe Biden
• Bernie Sanders
• Tulsi Gabbard
Republicans for Office of President
• Donald Trump
• Roque “Rocky” De La Fuente
Republicans for 1st Congressional District
• Mary Fay
• James Griffin
We have enacted the Secretary’s “Safe Polls Plan” and you will be as safe at the polls as you are during your trip to the grocery store.
Voters can expect the following protocols:
• Gloves and masks will be worn by all poll workers
• Gloves to be offered to every voter upon entering
• Contactless ID verification
• 6’ social distance markers for check-in
• One way flow through polling location
• Voters will be encouraged to bring and use their own blue or black pen to mark the ballot
• Continual sanitization of all surfaces, marking pens and privacy booths
The polls will be open on Primary day from 6:00 am – 8:00 pm if you choose to vote in person.
Contact the Registrar of Voter’s Office 860-584-6165 if you have any questions.
Be safe and VOTE!