To use the Transfer Station, you must have a Transfer Station Permit. There are two types of permits: residential and commercial. To obtain a Transfer Station permit, you must come into our office, which is located on the ground floor of City Hall.
Your permit must be active, and there must be money on your account to gain access to the Transfer Station. You need to bring the permit when you visit the Transfer Station.
- You can pay online using ACH (Electronic Checks using the routing number on your check), Mastercard, Visa and Discover
- You will need your customer ID. The customer ID is typically the driver's license number of the permit holder.
- There is no longer a minimum amount required for online payments, or in-office credit/debit card payments.
- Payments made online will not be available on your Pay As You Throw account until the next business day.
- Please make sure that you make note of your Confirmation Number after making your payment.
- If renewing, please keep the permit you have. You will continue to use this permit.
- All Residential Transfer Station customers are required to maintain a minimum account balance of $25.00
- All PAYT debit/credit card and ACH (electronic check) payments will be subject to a service fee of 2.95% per transaction.
- The first 100 pounds per DAY are free, then $.60 every 10 pounds
Step-by-step directions: how to check your balance, add funds, or renew your permit online.
PAY IN PERSON
You must come into the office if you would like funds to be available immediately. We accept cash, check, or credit/debit cards (subject to a 2.95% service fee). Our office is in City Hall: 111 North Main Street, Ground Floor, Bristol, CT 06010.
PAY BY MAIL
Please write all checks to the City of Bristol. Please address envelopes to Public Works 111 North Main Street Bristol, CT 06010. Include a note with your contact information and what the payment is for.
Directions to the Transfer Station
The Transfer Station is located on Lake Avenue (off Middle Street), opposite #705 Lake Avenue. Look for the Transfer Station sign and a large white rock on the property adjacent to access road.
Transfer Station Regular Hours
Monday through Friday: 7:15 AM to 2:45 PM
Saturday: 7:30 AM to 1:00 PM