Commercial Pay As You Throw Information
Commercial permits can be issued to business entities. Commercial permits require a Certificate of Liability Insurance showing a minimum of $500,000 Auto Liability (Combined Single Limit) and the City of Bristol must be named as Certificate Holder.
The rates (effective 9/2/14) for Commercial disposal are as follows:
- Annual permit fee of $50.00 per company for the first vehicle for Bristol owned businesses, additional permits at $50.00 per vehicle.
- Annual permit fee of $100.00 per company for the first vehicle for non-Bristol owned businesses doing business in Bristol, additional permits at $100.00 per vehicle.
- Commercial permit year will be a rolling year tied to the company's insurance policy renewal.
- No charge for metal, but a $5.00 gate fee will apply to all loads. If chargeable items are mixed with non-chargeable material, the load will be chargeable.
- No electronics accepted from business/commercial permit holders.
Commercial Yard Waste:
- Monday - Friday: $5.00 gate fee, loads over 100 pounds charged at $0.20 per 10 pounds.
- Saturday: $5.00 gate fee, loads over 100 pounds charged at $0.60 per 10 pounds.
All other commercial material: $5.00 gate fee, loads over 100 pounds charged at $0.60 per 10 pounds (Monday through Saturday).
- All commercial loads 100 pounds or less will only be subject to the $5.00 gate fee.
- Pre-payment is required on all accounts before access will be allowed to the Transfer Station
- A minimum balance of $50.00 will be required in your account before the first time you visit the transfer station.
- Once your account falls below $30.00, the scale system will notify you that it is time to add funds to your account.
- Once your account falls below $25.00, you will need to add funds to your account before you are allowed access to the Transfer Station.
- You may add funds to your account by credit/debit card or ACH payment online. Funds are available the next day.
- You may also come into our office to add funds to your Transfer Station permit. Funds are available immediately.
- All PAYT debit/credit card and ACH (electronic check) payments will be subject to a service fee of 2.95% per transaction. This fee applies to online credit/debit card and ACH payments, and in-office debit/credit card payments.
- Please remember that commercial permit holders cannot renew their permits online.
PAYT permits are automatically read by a scanner when you enter the Transfer Station.
Your vehicle will be weighed upon entrance to the Transfer Station and again upon exiting to determine the weight of items disposed of.
Permit holders will create accounts for the Transfer Station and will have the cost of each delivery debited from their account. For your convenience, we have online credit card payment/electronic check processing available.