Registrars of Voters / Elections Administration
Click on the link below to register to vote for the 2018 State Election, the deadline to register is October 30, 2018. Listed on the 2018 State Election ballot will be: Governor and Lt. Governor, U.S. Senator, Representative in Congress, State Senator, State Representative, Secretary of the State, Treasurer, Comptroller, Attorney General, Judge of Probate and the Registrars of Voters.
The functions of Registrars of Voters Office are governed by the General Statutes of the State of Connecticut. Responsibilities and duties are administered jointly by a Republican and Democratic Registrar. The Registrars of Voters are responsible for:
- Maintaining and updating voter registration information including changes of address, name or party affiliation, adding new voters and removing voters who are deceased or who no longer reside in town.
- Training election workers according to state statute. Each poll worker must be trained before every election or primary. Preparing worker informational notebooks and mandated returns and forms.
- Preparing election equipment and tabulators and order ballots for each election or primary.
- Conducting an annual canvass, January through May of voters who may have moved within town, out of town or out of state.
- Implementing new election laws as adopted by Connecticut State Legislature.
- Conducting High School voter registration sessions.
- Attending Registrars of Voters Association conferences and county meetings. Training is held by staff of the Secretary of the State, State Elections Enforcement as well as other state agencies and ROVAC committee members.
The mission of the Registrars of Voters Office is to ensure federal, state and local elections are conducted timely, responsibly, and with the highest level of professional Election standards. Intended to earn and maintain public confidence in the electoral process.