An elector may vote by absentee ballot for one of the following reasons:
- Absence from the town during all hours of voting
- Active service in the U.S. Armed Forces
- Physical disability
- Religious tenets which forbid secular activity on election, primary, or referendum day
- Service as an election official at a polling place other than the official’s place of voting
Absentee ballot applications can be obtained simply by calling the Town Clerk's Office at (860) 584-6200 ext. 0, by e-mail or by completing an application in our office during business hours. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Applications must be completed and returned to the Bristol Town Clerk's Office before we can issue an absentee ballot to you.
- Military personnel and persons temporarily living overseas may submit a Federal Post Card Application to register and apply for an absentee ballot.
- An application for an absentee ballot may be downloaded from the Secretary of State website.
Permanent Absentee Ballots
Voters with permanent disabilities may be eligible for permanent absentee ballot status. The voter must file an application and a doctor's certificate stating they have a permanent disability and are unable to appear at the polls. Contact the Town Clerk's office for further details.