If your dog is six months or older, state law requires that you obtain a license in the town where you reside. Newly obtained dogs must be licensed within thirty days of new ownership. When you obtain your license you must submit a current rabies vaccination certificate issued by your veterinarian. You will also need to submit proof of the dog being spayed or neutered.
You should renew your dog license during the month of June each year. If you renew the license by mail, please include the following:
- A note with your name, address, telephone number, and your dog's name.
- A copy of your updated rabies or spayed/neutered certificate, if necessary.
- The fee of $8.00/spayed and neutered dog or $19.00/male or female dog.
- A self-addressed stamped envelope, if possible.
- For licenses renewed after June 30, 2017 there is a State penalty of $1.00/month.
Mail the above information, rabies certificate and fee to:
Bristol Town Clerk
111 North Main Street
Bristol, CT 06010
You may also renew the license in-person at the Town Clerk's office.
- Male / female general license - $19.00
- Neutered male / spayed female - $8.00
- Replacement tag - $0.50
- Transfer of ownership - $1.00
- Change of residence (town) - $0.50
- Late licensing penalty (per month) - $1.00