If your dog is six months or older, state law requires that you obtain a license in the town where you reside. In order to obtain a license you must submit a current rabies vaccination certificate issued by your veterinarian. If the dog has been altered, you will also need to submit a spayed/neutered certificate from your veterinarian.
You should renew your dog license during the month of June and before July 1 each year. To renew the license by mail, please include the following:
- A note with your name, address, telephone number, and your dog's name, breed and color.
- A copy of your dog's updated rabies and if applicable, a spayed/neutered certificate.
- The fee for spayed/neutered dog is $8.00. The fee for male/female dog is $19.00.
- A self-addressed stamped envelope.
- For licenses renewed after June 30, 2017 there is a State penalty of $1.00/month.
Mail the above information, rabies certificate, fee and if applicable, spayed/neutered certificate to:
Bristol Town Clerk
111 North Main Street
Bristol, CT 06010
You may also renew the license in-person at the Town Clerk's office.
- Male/Female license - $19.00
- Neutered/Spayed license - $8.00
- Replacement tag - $0.50
- Transfer of ownership - $1.00
- Change of residence (town) - $0.50
- State of CT late penalty - $1.00/month