Household Hazardous Waste
Household hazardous products can pose serious risks to your family's health and the health of our environment. Bring the unused portions of the hazardous products to one of the household hazardous waste collection days. Be sure to keep products in their original containers and don't mix them. Always keep materials in a safe place away from children, pets, and heat.
TUNXIS Recycling Operating Committee sponsors several Household Hazardous Waste collections each year.
Residents of Berlin, Bristol, Burlington, New Britain, Plainville, Plymouth, Prospect, Southington, Warren, Washington and Wolcott may attend any of the following collections:
Spring 2017 Dates:
April 22, Plymouth: Town Hall rear parking lot - 80 Main Street, Terryville 860-585-4030
May 6, Plainville: Roadways Garage 23 Granger Lane off Route 177 860-793-0221 x208
For more Information visit the TUNXIS household hazardous waste website. You can also contact TUNXIS Recycling Operating Committee at (860) 585-0419 or (860) 225-9811. Collections will run from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Bristol residents may attend any of the collection events.
Hazardous Waste Tips
- Buy only what you need and use all of what you buy.
- Give leftover or extra product to someone who can use it or bring it to a HHW collection day.
- Never throw leftover chemicals down the drain, in storm drains, on the ground, or in the trash.
- Recycle lead-acid car batteries at the City of Bristol Solid Waste Transfer Station
- Recycle used pure waste motor oil at the City of Bristol Solid Waste Transfer Station or at your local automotive service station.
- Use non-toxic or less toxic substitutes for hazardous products.