ABOUT THE PROGRAM: The Bristol Youth Cadet Program is designed to provide young men and women a unique learning experience in policing through instruction, demonstration, and hands on training. The Bristol Police Department sponsors and supports the program.Youth Cadets also participate in Bristol community service events throughout the year.
The program is an excellent starting point for young adults interested in pursuing a career in law enforcement.
• Be between the ages of 14-20
• Be a resident of Bristol or a bordering town providing that town does not have a Youth Cadets post
• Have a desire to serve the community and learn about law enforcement
• Must submit a formal application, pass a background check, and have no felony arrests or gang affiliation
• Must abide by the Bristol Youth Cadets Post 111 policies & procedures
• Must commit to attending post meetings & events
TRAINING: Youth Cadets participate in law enforcement training to help better understand the career field. This training involves lectures, demonstrations, and training scenarios where Youth Cadets can practice what they have learned. Youth Cadets also participate in a summer camp program and competitions that are organized through the NERLEEA. Some of the training topics include:
• Domestic violence
• Traffic stops
• Crime prevention
• Arrest, search, and seizure
• Criminal law
• Building searches
• Community Service
If you have any questions about the program, send an email to one of the officers listed below:
REQUEST FOR YOUTH CADETS AT COMMUNITY EVENTS:
If your organization would like the Youth Cadets to participate in a community event, fill out and submit the form below. It will be evaluated by a post adviser to determine if the event is appropriate for the post. You will be promptly notified.