In order to avoid the spread of COVID-19, please email the Town Clerk’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 860-584-6200 ext. 0. Most services in the Town Clerk’s Office can be done by mail, email or telephone.
If your dog is six months or older, State law requires that you obtain a license in the town where you reside. In order to obtain a license you must submit a current rabies vaccination certificate issued by your veterinarian. If the dog has been altered, you will also need to submit a spayed/neutered certificate from your veterinarian.
You should renew your dog license during the month of June and before July 1 each year. To renew the license by mail, please include the following:
- A note with your name, address, telephone number, and your dog’s name, breed and color.
- A copy of your dog’s updated rabies and if applicable, a spayed/neutered certificate.
- The fee for spayed/neutered dog is $8.00. The fee for male/female dog is $19.00.
- A self-addressed stamped envelope.
- For licenses renewed after June 30, 2019 there is a State penalty of $1.00/month.
Mail the above information, rabies certificate, fee and if applicable, spayed/neutered certificate to:
|Bristol Town Clerk|
111 North Main Street
Bristol, Connecticut 06010
You may also renew the license in-person at the Town Clerk’s office.
- Male/Female license - $19.00
- Neutered/Spayed license - $8.00
- Replacement tag - $0.50
- Transfer of ownership - $1.00
- Change of residence (town) - $0.50
- State of CT late penalty - $1.00/month