"To Protect and Serve the Community
with Integrity & Professionalism"
It is the mission of the Bristol Police Department to protect and serve the community with integrity and professionalism.Bristol officers serveall people within our jurisdiction with respect, fairness, and compassion. In addition, we are dedicated to our personnel by providing continuous training and educational development. The department provides full service to the city with 122 sworn officers and 26 civilian personnel. We are committed to serving our community by holding ourselves to the highest standards of performance and ethics. Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Register for Connecticut Alert.
• Police department established in 1893
• Philosophy of community oriented policing
• 2014 Awarded state accreditation
• Geographic location: Central CT
• Jurisdiction size: 26.5 square miles
• City population: 61,027 • Fiscal Year 19 Budget: $15.6m