An Itinerant Vendor is any person, whether principal or agent, who shall engage in a temporary or transient business in Bristol, selling goods, wares and merchandise, and who, for the purpose of carrying on such business, shall hire, lease or occupy any building or structure for the exhibition and sale of such goods, wares or merchandise in the city.
1. Applicant must provide:
- Signed and completed License Application
- Current copy of Sales & use Tax Permit
- Check payable to the Bristol Town Clerk in the amount of $500.00
($400 may be returnable if they have been in business in Bristol for 12 months.)
2. The Local license expires 10/1 of each year. (i.e., If the license is issued on 9/20 it expires 10/1 of the same year.)
3. May require local police approval.
If the vendor is buying precious metals from the public, they are required to obtain a precious metals license from the Police Dept. and may not need an Itinerant Vendor License. They should contact the Identification Unit of the Police Dept. as well as the State Metrologist for scales. The telephone number for the State Metrologist is (860) 713-6165.